This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1951 / 53°11'42"N
Longitude: -0.9218 / 0°55'18"W
OS Eastings: 472132
OS Northings: 366987
OS Grid: SK721669
Mapcode National: GBR BHM.MSR
Mapcode Global: WHFGV.TY8G
Plus Code: 9C5X53WH+27
Entry Name: Laxton Vicarage and Adjoining Service Wing and Stables
Listing Date: 25 July 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370157
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241901
Location: Laxton and Moorhouse, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
Civil Parish: Laxton and Moorhouse
Built-Up Area: Laxton
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Laxton
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/11/2014
SK 76 NW
HIGH STREET (south side)
Laxton Vicarage and adjoining service wing and stables
(Formerly listed under MAIN STREET)
Vicarage. 1875. By John Birch for the Manvers family. Gothic
revival style. Brick with ashlar dressings. Gabled and half
hipped plain tile roofs with diaper patterns. Plinth with
chamfered ashlar coping. Plain and patterned bargeboards. 2
gable, single roof and single side wall stacks. 2 storeys plus
attics, double depth, irregular plan. Windows are mainly
latticed iron casements in mullioned chamfered ashlar reveals.
South front has projecting gabled wing to right. To left, C20
canted conservatory and to right, hipped canted bay window.
Above, 2 casements, and above again, to left, half hipped gable
and to right, a casement. Single storey service wing, to right,
has a C20 and 2 C19 casements, and to right, gable with datestone
inscribed '1875'. West front has 2 gables. To left, a
casement, to right, bay window. Above, 2 casements on each
floor. North front has central projecting gabled bay with 2
diagonal and single central buttresses. To left, C20 opening
with parapet. To its right, shouldered moulded doorway flanked
to left by a casement and a lancet, and to right by 2 casements.
To right again, moulded pointed doorway with responds, flanked to
its left by a lancet. Above, 2 casements, stair light and a
casement. Above again, to left, a gabled dormer and a casement.
Service wing has to east a door and to its right, 2 stable doors.
Coach house, 2 storeys, 3 bays, has half hipped roof with
gablets. To west, central archway and to left, pair of carriage
doors. To right, a casement. All have segmental heads. Above,
central half hipped gable with hatchway and crane, and above,
gabled timber pigeoncote. To right, louvred ventilator with
pyramid roof. Return angle to right has lean-to toilet block.
Each end has 3 breathers, and above, casement and louvred gablet.
Listing NGR: SK7213266987
Other nearby listed buildings