This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1918 / 53°11'30"N
Longitude: -2.8716 / 2°52'17"W
OS Eastings: 341861
OS Northings: 366428
OS Grid: SJ418664
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.2YTD
Mapcode Global: WH88F.V1RG
Plus Code: 9C5V54RH+P9
Entry Name: East Entrance to Campbell Memorial Hall
Listing Date: 10 January 1972
Last Amended: 23 July 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1375951
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469930
Location: Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Electoral Ward/Division: Boughton
Built-Up Area: Chester
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Chester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chester
CHESTER CITY (EM)
SJ4166 THE MOUNT
1932-1/6/198 (West side)
(Formerly Listed as:
(Formerly Listed as:
Campbell Memorial Hall)
Includes: East entrance to Campbell Memorial Hall BOUGHTON.
Caretaker's cottage including east entrance to hall (qv).
1897. By TM Lockwood. For St Pauls Parochial Church Council.
Stone-dressed brick and timber framing with brick-nogged and
plaster panels; brown tile roof.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 2 bays. 2 rows of 4 panels of
brick-nogged timber framing, left, containing a 1-light leaded
casement and a 2-light leaded casement; a framed and boarded
door in arched timber frame. The right bay has sandstone
plinth, a 4-light leaded window, a part-glazed framed and
boarded door in stone-dressed basket archway leading via
corridor and hall kitchen to Campbell Memorial Hall; moulded
stone stringcourse. The jettied first floor of the left bay
has a close-studded wall with shaped tops to plaster panels; a
4-light leaded casement; the stone-dressed brick right bay has
a 4-light leaded casement, a moulded stringcourse, a stone
cartouche dated 1897 at base of gable with stone band, coping
and 3 ball finials. A similar gable at rear of cottage.
The left side of cottage has red-brick ground floor and
timber-framed first floor with 4-light mullioned leaded
casement in close-studded plaster-panelled wall. Gable with
herringbone struts. 2 stone-banded shaped brick chimneys.
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ4186166428
Other nearby listed buildings