History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Long Marston, Warwickshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1327 / 52°7'57"N

Longitude: -1.7781 / 1°46'41"W

OS Eastings: 415283

OS Northings: 248284

OS Grid: SP152482

Mapcode National: GBR 4MH.782

Mapcode Global: VHB0Q.4NBG

Plus Code: 9C4W46MC+3P

Entry Name: The Grange

Listing Date: 2 August 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1382610

English Heritage Legacy ID: 482994

Location: Long Marston, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37

County: Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Long Marston

Built-Up Area: Long Marston

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Marston Sicca St James the Great

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Long Marston

Description


LONG MARSTON

SP1548 MAIN STREET
1912-1/13/101 (West side)
02/08/72 The Grange

GV II

House. C17 with main block of early C19. Main part: brick
faced with roughcast; slate roof with roughcast end stacks.
Wing: dressed stone and rubble with ashlar dressings; stone
slate roof with brick rear lateral stacks. L-plan.
EXTERIOR: main part of 3 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range.
Top modillioned brick cornice. Windows have sills and 8/8
sashes. Gabled roof. 2-storey earlier wing projects to right,
with entrance with C20 glazed door to left end, and a gabled
brick dormer above; coped gable end has 1st floor 3-light
recessed chamfered-mullioned window with labelmould.
Left return has C20 window to each floor; 2-storey rear wing
has top modillioned brick cornice and round-headed entrance
with doorcase with reeded pilasters and simple consoles to
open pediment, 6-panelled door with 4 glazed panels.
Rear has former rubble gable end in larger brick gable end;
windows with 3-light and 2-light leaded casements with iron
opening casements; behind wing a projecting lateral stack with
offsets and some exposed stone to left; to left of wing the
rear of earlier range has small chamfered light to left of
former chamfered-mullioned window with labelmould, now with
inserted leaded casement; 3-light recessed chamfered-mullioned
window above has part leaded glazing.
Right return has 3 segmental-headed windows with 5-light and
3-light wooden C20 glazing, one 2-light pegged casement; gable
end to right has coping and brick end stack; small light and
2-light single-chamfered mullioned window to 1st floor and
ashlar blind bull's eye with rusticated surround and cornice.
INTERIOR: not inspected, but noted as having early C19
staircase with turned newel.


Listing NGR: SP1528348284

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.