This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1461 / 52°8'45"N
Longitude: -1.8061 / 1°48'21"W
OS Eastings: 413365
OS Northings: 249775
OS Grid: SP133497
Mapcode National: GBR 4M8.D6R
Mapcode Global: VHB0P.NB14
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 2 August 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1382746
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483131
Location: Dorsington, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Dorsington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Dorsington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP14NW VILLAGE STREET
1931-1/5/50 (East side)
02/08/72 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now house. Early C18, with early and mid C19
alterations and additions. Regular coursed blue lias limestone
with brick rear wings; hipped slate roof with stone end stacks
with brick shafts. Double-depth plan, front to right.
EXTERIOR: former entrance front: 2 storeys; symmetrical
3-window range. Wide eaves with paired brackets and gablet.
Blocked entrance has brick surround originally with pilasters
(one remaining base) and ovolo-moulded timber-frame, infill
with projecting triangular window. Flanking French windows
have flat arches and margin-light glazing; first floor has
windows with sills, and plastered lintels over 8/8 sashes
flanking 6/6 sash.
Left return has entrance with moulded pilasters, overlight
with decorative glazing bars and 6-fielded-panel door, C19
open timber gabled porch; mid C19 brick wing to left.
Right return has French window with later balcony with timber
posts and glazed door; lower wing to right, probably the
original house, has entrance with half-glazed door and canted
bay window with leaded glazing, enriched cornice to hipped
roof; first floor has 2 gabled dormers with 2- and 3-light
leaded casements; end stack; end with leaded light over
single-storey service wing.
INTERIOR: rear wing has early C18 6-fielded-panel doors and
Tudor-headed fireplace; stick-baluster back stair to C19 wing.
Front range has 6-fielded-panel doors and C19 marble
fireplaces with later insets; single-flight staircase has cut
string with decorative tread ends, slender turned balusters
and fluted newel; similar balusters to landing and flat screen
with 3 pointed lights, believed to be from Church of St Peter
Listing NGR: SP1336549775
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings