This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.4908 / 52°29'27"N
Longitude: -2.699 / 2°41'56"W
OS Eastings: 352634
OS Northings: 288332
OS Grid: SO526883
Mapcode National: GBR BL.J47K
Mapcode Global: VH83K.5NHD
Plus Code: 9C4VF8R2+89
Entry Name: Millichope Park Including Terrace Balustrade
Listing Date: 12 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1383365
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483783
Location: Munslow, Shropshire, SY7
Civil Parish: Munslow
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Munslow
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO58NW MILLICHOPE PARK
1312-1/11/165 Millichope Park including terrace
Country house. 1835-40, by Edward Haycock of Shrewsbury for
Rev. Norgrave Pemberton, Rector of Church Stretton, replacing
earlier timber-framed manor house nearby. Restored 1968-70.
Ashlar, with corner pilasters and plain corniced parapet,
windows with moulded surrounds. Hipped slate roofs behind
balustrade. Scattered ashlar stacks at ridges. Rectangular
plan with rectangular linked side wing.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and basement. East front is a 2-storey,
5-window range of 3/6 sashes with tall 9/9 sashes at
ground-floor level, central 3 window bays slightly advanced
between pilasters and covered by large full-height projecting
plain pedimented portico consisting of 6 Ionic columns. The
outer ground-floor sashes have moulded hoods on brackets, the
inners have continuous cornice and surrounds formed from
pilasters. Portico raised onto high terrace with flanking
ashlar balustrading continuing to north and south.
Below the terrace level, in the revetment, was formerly the
main doorway between squat Doric columns which, together with
basement rooms, has now been blocked and a new entrance formed
on the north side.
North side: 2-storey, 6-window range of 3/6 sashes over tall
9/9 sashes, the 2 left windows advanced between pilasters and
with hoods over ground-floor sashes, front entrance door to
centre right with bracketed flat moulded hood and tall
6-panelled door with top-light.
South face: 2-storey, 5-window range of 3/6 sashes with tall
9/9 ground-floor sashes, left bay projecting between pilasters
and with moulded hood on brackets at lower level, right bay
slightly advanced between pilasters with first-floor
2/2:6/6:2/2 tripartite sash over projecting ashlar pilastered
canted bay window fitted with 3/3:9/9:3/3 tripartite sash.
Rear: central slightly advanced 3-window range with 3/6 sashes
over 9/9 sashes flanking entrance doorway with flat pilastered
doorcase and 3/3:9/9:3/3 tripartite sash to first floor.
2-window bay to right of 3/6 sashes over 9/9 sashes. 2-window
bay to left of 3/3 sashes over 3/6 sashes to left and 6/9 sash
over 2 tiers of 3/6 sashes to right, these sashes without
surrounds and set in rendered wall.
Adjoining to north-west is range of 4 C20 garage doors with
tall blank rendered parapet wall with greenhouse behind. This
links to 3-storey side wing of same design as the main block;
east front is 3-storey, 2-window range of 6/6 sashes with 3/6
at upper storey, south side is 6/6 sash over panelled door to
right, rear is 3-storey, 3-window range of 6/6 sashes with 3/6
at upper storey and the right-hand bay recessed.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO5263488332
Other nearby listed buildings