History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables to North East of Lutwyche Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Rushbury, Shropshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.548 / 52°32'52"N

Longitude: -2.6546 / 2°39'16"W

OS Eastings: 355707

OS Northings: 294665

OS Grid: SO557946

Mapcode National: GBR BN.DH5D

Mapcode Global: VH83C.X7Z0

Entry Name: Stables to North East of Lutwyche Hall

Listing Date: 12 November 1954

Last Amended: 29 February 2000

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1383380

English Heritage Legacy ID: 483798

Location: Rushbury, Shropshire, TF13

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Rushbury

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Rushbury

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Easthope

Listing Text


RUSHBURY

SO59SE Stables to north-east of Lutwyche
1312-1/8/182 Hall
12/11/54
(Formerly Listed as:
Lutwyche Hall(including stable and
coach house))

GV II

Stables and house, now storage outbuildings and house. C18.
Brick, rusticated courses around front carriageway, with
ashlar dressings. Plain-tile roof with brick dentil course
eaves. Square courtyard plan with extension wing flanking the
entrance drive.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, dropping to single storey across sloping
site. Front with wide central advanced bay with large carriage
entrance with semicircular arch with pendant keystone, brick
laid in rusticated courses linking to rusticated brick
voussoirs of carriage arch, all flanked by casement at each
storey; wide plain pediment over with ashlar dressings, brick
tympanum and central clockface with moulded ashlar surround.
Recessed bays each side have 2 casements at each storey. All
windows simple 2-light casements, with top-lights at ground
storey, and gauged brick lintels.
Entrance drive side to left: long single-storey buttressed
range with ashlar chamfered coped plinth, ashlar mullion
windows and front door to house with chamfered ashlar doorway.
Wall continues away from stable front as a garden wall
terminating with a pier capped with a studded ball finial.
Courtyard: large plain brick entrance archway on courtyard
side, flanked by boarded loft openings. Boarded doors in
single-storey opposing side. House (left) side with C20
upper-floor casements over boarded doors and 3 undercroft
openings with boarded doors, all with brick segmental arches.
Right side with two 2-light casements over 2 boarded doors,
all with brick segmental-arched openings.
INTERIOR: not inspected.


Listing NGR: SO5570794665

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.