This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.3787 / 52°22'43"N
Longitude: -2.4805 / 2°28'49"W
OS Eastings: 367386
OS Northings: 275739
OS Grid: SO673757
Mapcode National: GBR BW.RB1F
Mapcode Global: VH847.YGHT
Entry Name: 4, Church Street
Listing Date: 12 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1383442
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483860
Location: Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire, DY14
Civil Parish: Cleobury Mortimer
Built-Up Area: Cleobury Mortimer
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Cleobury Mortimer
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO6775 CHURCH STREET
582-1/13/36 (South side)
Flats over shop. Dated 1702 with C19 and C20 alterations.
Brick, with rendered plinth and ashlar quoins and string
course. Interlocking-tiled hipped roof, with ashlar-coped
parapet to front. Part-projecting brick eaves stacks to rear
with C20 shafts above cogged dentil string course. Plan of
front range with gabled central rear wing.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and cellar. 3-storey,5-window range with
brick segmental arches now with inserted C19 transomed
casements to first floor, the central arches with raised
keystones. Ground floor to left has 2 transomed casements with
stone corniced heads both under rendered fascia capped with
string course. To centre left is doorcase with pilasters,
plain entablature and top-light over 6-panelled oak door with
raised and fielded panels. Central segmental-arched covered
way opening with ovolo-moulded frame and plain boarded door.
C20 double-fronted shop front to right. Central tablet above
string course has inscription stating that it was set here by
John Foxall in 1702.
Rear: scattered C20 fenestration in advanced double gabled
central bay. Flanking bays with part-projecting brick stacks,
second floor with C20 casements, and single-storey gabled
INTERIOR: vaulted stone cellar. Ground-floor cupboard niche
with fluted pilastered surround and glazed door with pierced
dew-drop fanlight. Niche to house former dog-wheel.
First-floor chamfered bridging beam with ogee chamfer stops.
Listing NGR: SO6738675739
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings