This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.2686 / 54°16'7"N
Longitude: -2.4021 / 2°24'7"W
OS Eastings: 373908
OS Northings: 485958
OS Grid: SD739859
Mapcode National: GBR CMN2.RL
Mapcode Global: WH94D.2YDZ
Plus Code: 9C6V7H9X+C5
Entry Name: East Clint
Listing Date: 14 June 1984
Last Amended: 18 October 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1383856
English Heritage Legacy ID: 484288
Location: Dent, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA10
Civil Parish: Dent
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Dent with Cowgill
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
162-1/11/55 (South side)
14/06/84 East Clint
(Formerly Listed as:
East Clint and barn to north-west)
Farmhouse, now house. Early C18 (contains spice cupboard dated
1727); enlarged and altered. Mixed random rubble with quoins,
now painted white; stone slate roof with ridge tiles.
Single-depth 2-unit plan on east-west axis facing north, with
staircase outshut to rear of 2nd unit and early addition at
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and 4 windows (main range only), with a
stone slate drip-course over the ground floor pitched up above
the present porch (and the apex broken by the 2nd window). The
ground floor has a porch added c1948 (with a crow-stepped
parapet), protecting a square-headed doorway; a large
square-headed window to the left with a massive lintel and
coupled 4-pane glazing, a large 8-pane window to the right and
a small 4-pane window (formerly the fire-window) to the right
of that. Above these openings the 1st floor has windows of 6,
6 and 8 panes and a very narrow 1-light window. All these
windows now have top-hung casements replacing sashes and
replicating the pattern of their glazing bars. The addition to
the right has two small 2-light casements to ground floor.
Gable chimney to left, corbelled chimney at former gable to
right (corbels visible inside the extension). Rear has
full-height 2-window outshut.
INTERIOR: altered, but retains basic 2-unit plan with stone
lateral partition wall between housepart to right and parlour
to left, an inserted lateral partition forming an entrance
passage; stone chimney-breast in housepart and a square spice
cupboard to the right with a fielded panel door inscribed "B/M
E/1727"; dog-legged staircase with renewed joinery.
Forms group with barn to north-west (qv).
Listing NGR: SD7390885958
Other nearby listed buildings