This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0803 / 51°4'49"N
Longitude: -4.0592 / 4°3'33"W
OS Eastings: 255856
OS Northings: 133234
OS Grid: SS558332
Mapcode National: GBR KQ.DCHJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 26D8.DF8
Entry Name: Iron Bollards Across Northern End of Lane to West of Church House
Listing Date: 31 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385101
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485563
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon, Devon, EX31
Civil Parish: Barnstaple
Built-Up Area: Barnstaple
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Barnstaple St Peter and St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS558332 CHURCH LANE
684-1/8/94 Iron bollards across northern end of
31/08/88 lane to west of Church House
2 cast-iron bollards with tapered, fluted shafts and ball
finials. Probably late C19. The posts probably post-date the
removal of the churchyard gates at this end of Church Lane by
the Town Council in 1889. There are 4 similar posts at the
south end of Church Lane (qv).
(Faculty Petitions, St Peter and St Paul, Barnstaple, No 2).
Listing NGR: SS5585633234
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings