This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6003 / 51°36'1"N
Longitude: -0.1135 / 0°6'48"W
OS Eastings: 530755
OS Northings: 190741
OS Grid: TQ307907
Mapcode National: GBR GF.S2W
Mapcode Global: VHGQL.Z1CH
Plus Code: 9C3XJV2P+4J
Entry Name: Trinity Primary School Including Attached School House
Listing Date: 4 October 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485744
Location: Haringey, London, N22
Electoral Ward/Division: Woodside
Built-Up Area: Haringey
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Michael Wood Green
Church of England Diocese: London
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 06/02/2014
BOUNDS GREEN ROAD, Haringey
Trinity Primary School including attached School House
(Formerly listed as Nightingale Primary School including attached School House)
Built as secondary schools, later girls grammar school, later primary school. Built 1899 by Mitchell and Butler as Tottenham Higher Grade Schools. Queen Anne Revival style. Built of yellow brick with red brick dressings and tiled roof . Irregular fenestration, mainly sash windows. Principal front facing west has central projecting hall range of two storeys and attics with three flat-roofed dormers and five multi-paned sashes. This is flanked by one bay towers with deep stone attics with small round-headed windows and stone entrances below approached by steps. To either side are five storey three bay square towers with pyramidal roofs with circular wooden cupolas with weathervanes. The top three floors have arcading with pivoting Diocletian windows to top floor and cambered casements below. This elevation terminates in two storey blocks of three bays with gables with Venetian windows to first floors, cambered sashes to ground floor and stone console brackets above side pilasters. The right side block has a further section of two storeys three windows with wooden and glazed verandah to first floor of south side. North side is of two storeys 10 windows with late C20 metal and glazed lean-to extension. East or rear elevation has two storey four bay centre flanked by gabled wings of three bays with Venetian windows to first floor and three cambered sashes to ground floor. Projecting wings to either side. Attached to the south east is a former schoolmaster's house, an L-shaped building also of stock brick with red brick bands and dressings. Casement window to first floor, sash window to ground floor and simple doorcase in L-wing.
[Pevsner BOE London: North p579.]
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings