This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4506 / 51°27'1"N
Longitude: -0.0852 / 0°5'6"W
OS Eastings: 533152
OS Northings: 174135
OS Grid: TQ331741
Mapcode National: GBR HL.77G
Mapcode Global: VHGR6.GSVW
Plus Code: 9C3XFW27+6W
Entry Name: Monument to Henry Atkinson, Dulwich Old Burial Ground
Listing Date: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470895
Location: Southwark, London, SE21
Electoral Ward/Division: Village
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Dulwich St Barnabas
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3374SW DULWICH VILLAGE
636-1/56/313 (East side)
Monument to Henry Atkinson, Dulwich
Old Burial Ground
Tomb chest. Dated 1780. To Henry Atkinson and Elizabeth
Vanderesch. Stone chest, with fluted corner pilasters and an
angled lid. Atkinson was Provost of the Corporation of
Moneyers of his Majesty's Mint, according to the inscription.
Marked L on plan, located to right of entrance gates, just
south of the Force tomb slab (qv).
The burial ground, which was consecrated in 1616, was unusual
in not being adjacent to any church or chapel.
The monuments form a group with the C18 gates, walls and
railings to Dulwich Old Burial Ground (qv).
Listing NGR: TQ3315274135
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings