This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4855 / 51°29'7"N
Longitude: -0.1068 / 0°6'24"W
OS Eastings: 531545
OS Northings: 177978
OS Grid: TQ315779
Mapcode National: GBR NP.5P
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.3XCM
Entry Name: The Bishops House
Listing Date: 27 September 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385631
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471035
Location: Southwark, London, SE11
Electoral Ward/Division: Newington
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Kennington Park St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3177 KENNINGTON PARK PLACE
636-1/9/453 (North side)
27/09/72 The Bishop's House
Bishop's house, now day nursery. 1895. By Norman Shaw. For the
Bishop of Rochester. Red brick with stone dressings in Queen
Anne style with high pitched, swept tiled roof with deep,
coved eaves and segment-headed dormers.
2 storeys, attic and basement, 6 bays to street front. 8-bay
left return has entrance in 3-bay centre section, with stone
architrave, pulvinated frieze, cornice and segmental pediment.
Main windows are long with timber mullions and transoms and
flat, gauged-brick arches and keystones, those on ground floor
with blind boxes and those to basement segmental-headed.
1st-floor sill band.
To the rear, the former chapel has large lunette windows with
leaded lights and keystones.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ3154577978
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings