This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.497 / 51°29'49"N
Longitude: -0.1084 / 0°6'30"W
OS Eastings: 531403
OS Northings: 179257
OS Grid: TQ314792
Mapcode National: GBR MK.TJ
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.2MJR
Plus Code: 9C3XFVWR+QJ
Entry Name: Lodge to Imperial War Museum
Listing Date: 27 September 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385641
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471045
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cathedrals
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Southwark Holy Trinity and St Matthew
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3179 LAMBETH ROAD
636-1/4/463 (South side)
27/09/72 Lodge to Imperial War Museum
Lodge, now villa. 1837. Stucco with cornice and parapet,
stepped over centre with coat of arms.
1 storey, 3 bays. Plinth, rusticated quoins and rusticated
central section, projecting on 2 planes with segmental-arched
doorway with voussoirs and cyma moulded key rising to cornice.
Door deeply recessed with moulded architrave. Flanking sash
windows with architrave, frieze and cornice and projecting
panel below. 2-bay returns to north and south have similar
details and rusticated pilaster between bays. Italianate
chimney with bracketed cornice.
Inscription on north wall reads: "This lodge was built and the
ground enclosed and planted MDCCCXXXVII. Sir Peter Laurie,
Alderman of the City of London, President. Ralph Price
Esquire, Treasurer of the Royal Hospitals of Bridewell and
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Formerly lodge to Bethlehem Hospital, now Imperial War Museum
Listing NGR: TQ3140379257
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings