This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5179 / 53°31'4"N
Longitude: -2.2566 / 2°15'23"W
OS Eastings: 383081
OS Northings: 402385
OS Grid: SD830023
Mapcode National: GBR DG1.2Y
Mapcode Global: WHB98.9VN0
Entry Name: Boundary Stone at Sd 830 023
Listing Date: 20 October 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386104
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471528
Location: Salford, M25
Electoral Ward/Division: Kersal
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Crumpsall St Matthew with St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SD80SW BURY OLD ROAD
949-1/2/124 Boundary Stone at SD 830 023
Boundary stone. 1853. Ashlar. Triangular in plan. Inscribed
"PRESTWICH/ SALFORD" and on chamfered top "BOUNDARY STONE".
Denotes the boundary (along the line of Singleton Brook)
between Prestwich (in Bury) and Salford. Probably erected in
1853, the year when the three townships of Broughton,
Pendleton and Salford were brought together to form the new
County Borough of Salford. Forms a group with the boundary
stones in Littleton Road (qv) and Singleton Road (qv).
Listing NGR: SD8308102384
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings