This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1112 / 52°6'40"N
Longitude: -2.0779 / 2°4'40"W
OS Eastings: 394763
OS Northings: 245876
OS Grid: SO947458
Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.PGD
Mapcode Global: VH938.X6WD
Plus Code: 9C4V4W6C+FV
Entry Name: Number 3 Church Row
Listing Date: 3 August 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387018
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474434
Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Pershore
Built-Up Area: Pershore
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pershore
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO9445 CHURCH ROW
648-1/5/87 (North side)
Formerly known as: The Black Horse.
Includes: No.3 Church Row LOWER PRIEST LANE.
Former inn, now detached house; occupying corner site. Early
C19, altered. Red brick, red and yellow to side, in Flemish
bond. Welsh slate roof, partly hipped, with brick dentilled
eaves; external brick stack to left end, and central brick
ridge stack to right-hand return range.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and cellar; 3x2 bays.
Church Row (main) elevation: 3 bays with single-storey 1-bay
wing set back on left. 8/8 sashes with exposed boxes and
projecting sills, those on ground floor having brick segmental
arches painted to resemble voussoirs and keystones. Central
porch has Doric columns and pilasters, shallow cornice, and
part-glazed 6-panel door. Cellar grille. Roof of wing
concealed by parapet.
Lower Priest Lane elevation (right return): windows as before;
doorcase on right has pilasters, open pediment, false
fanlight, 4-panel door, and 2 stone steps.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: the building was also formerly the premises
of a tugger.
Listing NGR: SO9476345876
Other nearby listed buildings