This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6544 / 51°39'15"N
Longitude: -0.1517 / 0°9'6"W
OS Eastings: 527958
OS Northings: 196688
OS Grid: TQ279966
Mapcode National: GBR DN.GF6
Mapcode Global: VHGQ6.BP52
Entry Name: Front Lodge at Trent Park
Listing Date: 5 May 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387178
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475093
Location: Enfield, London, EN4
Electoral Ward/Division: Cockfosters
Built-Up Area: Barnet
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Christ Church Cockfosters
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 29 NE COCKFOSTERS ROAD
Front Lodge at Trent Park
West lodge to Trent Park. 1898 by John T. Lee for Francis Bevan. Red brick with flint panels and timber-framed upper floor with pebbledashed infill; machine tile roofs. Tudor Revival style. Irregular plan.
EXTERIOR: composition is of gables to all directions. 2 storeys. Entrance in south gable end: half-glazed door over 2 panels set behind screen of 4 turned balusters with 4-centred heads supporting projecting upper floor. Scrolled brackets right and left. Timber-framed upper floor lit through canted oriel fitted with multi-paned casements and supporting projecting gable head. Plain bargeboards throughout.
East front with an open verandah consisting of 4 turned balusters to south with 4-centred heads on high brick plinth; similar opening to south return of verandah. Main south elevation with 3 single-light casements to ground floor and a timber-framed first floor resting on moulded brick and timber string course which continues round entire building. Gable head to centre with one 2-light casement.
North return with similar gable-head details and a plain doorway to ground floor opening into small enclosed scullery yard with plank door into house.
West return with a canted bay window fitted with multi-paned casements and set within sandstone surround to ground floor, and one 2-light casement to left. First-floor is a mirror image of east front. Prominent central ridge stack with ornamented quadruple star-topped flues decorated with spiral, fleuron, thistle and diaper motifs of moulded brick, all set on a square moulded plinth. Octagonal single-flued stack on east wall plane: moulded plinth, raised lozenge patterning to shaft of moulded brick and one star top.
INTERIOR: 4-panelled doors. Closed string open-well staircase with square balusters and newels and moulded handrails.
Listing NGR: TQ2795896688
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings