History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

College Farm, Attached Stable and Store, Royal Military Academy

A Grade II Listed Building in Sandhurst, Bracknell Forest

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.3363 / 51°20'10"N

Longitude: -0.7725 / 0°46'21"W

OS Eastings: 485603

OS Northings: 160401

OS Grid: SU856604

Mapcode National: GBR D8S.3J8

Mapcode Global: VHDXH.KNGZ

Entry Name: College Farm, Attached Stable and Store, Royal Military Academy

Listing Date: 8 July 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1390367

English Heritage Legacy ID: 489350

Location: Sandhurst, Bracknell Forest, GU15

County: Bracknell Forest

Civil Parish: Sandhurst

Built-Up Area: Camberley

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire

Church of England Parish: Sandhurst

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


674-1/18/299 (North West side)
08/07/98 College Farm, attached stable and
store, Royal Military Academy


Barn, converted to a pair of semi-detached houses, now office,
stable and store (cart house). Mid C18, altered early C19 and
MATERIALS: Flemish bond brick with brick lateral stacks and
slate roof.
PLAN: back-to-back, each a single depth plan.
EXTERIOR: each 2 storey, 3-window range. Road front has
shallow gable with left-of-centre segmental arched doorway
with plate glass fanlight and boarded door, with wide
segmental arched windows either side with triple casements and
horizontal glazing bars, first floor mid C20 3-light casements
either side of small early C19 segmental arched 2-light
casement, with 3-light casement lunette beneath ridge. Late
C19 2 storey lean-to extension to right has doorway, and 2
small windows beneath eaves to side. Rear gable to opposite
house similar, with segmental arched rubbed brick heads to
early C19 8/8-pane sashes in shallow recessed frames, in
middle is shallow first floor oriel with raking roof and a
6/6-pane sash. Doorway not visible at time of inspection.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached English bond brick stable to
right of single storey with left-hand segmental arched stable
door and right-hand 3-light window, inside are 3 stalls, and
collared roof. Attached left-hand Flemish bond cart house with
double doors.
HISTORY: possibly part of the estate bought from William Pitt
when Sandhurst was established in 1802. Of interest for
unusual plan, as a back-to-back house, with its ancillary
buildings, now forming part of the Academy.
(Country Life: Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst: London:
1969-: 1662).

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.