This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1663 / 51°9'58"N
Longitude: -0.5377 / 0°32'15"W
OS Eastings: 502341
OS Northings: 141798
OS Grid: TQ023417
Mapcode National: GBR GFP.WCT
Mapcode Global: VHFVV.MYM9
Plus Code: 9C3X5F86+GW
Entry Name: Former Stabling and Coach House to Grafham House
Listing Date: 6 September 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1391083
English Heritage Legacy ID: 492637
Location: Bramley, Waverley, Surrey, GU5
Civil Parish: Bramley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Grafham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
06-SEP-04 Former stabling and coach house to Gra
Former stables and coach house, unoccupied at time of survey. Circa 1863 but central part may incorporate an earlier core, possibly of C18 date. Probably mainly by William Woodyer who designed and paid for Grafham House, the former vicarage. An L-shaped range, the central part is of two storeys comprising stables with hayloft over, flanked by one storey sections, the east section comprising two coach houses and the south section either tack rooms or outbuildings to the vicarage.
EXTERIOR: The central part is timberframed, clad in weatherboarding on brick plinth with steeply pitched tiled roof, hipped to west and gabled to east with brick chimneystack. Fixed casement windows to the upper part. The east and south sections are of red brick with tiled roofs and casement windows.
INTERIOR: Central part has three bays with exposed upright posts and straight tension braces, but a floor has been inserted just under tie beam level. The north and east walls have some exposed timberframing with lath and plaster infill. There is an arched wooden door to the west and C19 brick fireplace with small pointed arched cast iron firegrate.
C19 former stables and coach house with possible earlier core, probably built by William Woodyer and grouping with Grafham House, the former vicarage.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings