This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.0343 / 56°2'3"N
Longitude: -3.4805 / 3°28'49"W
OS Eastings: 307846
OS Northings: 683371
OS Grid: NT078833
Mapcode National: GBR 1X.RXQ6
Mapcode Global: WH5QY.HLVC
Plus Code: 9C8R2GM9+PR
Entry Name: Manse, Limekilns Parish Church, 10 Church Street, Limekilns
Listing Name: Limekilns, 10 Church Street, Manse and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 31 December 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 332330
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB1641
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Rosyth
Traditional County: Fife
1841. Symmetrical 2-storey, 3-bay, plain classical, T-plan manse. Sandstone rubble; dressed ashlar margins; raised base and eaves course and vertical margins at quoins. Moulded cornice and narrow, plain frieze to principal elevation.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: central panelled door with pilastered surround and fanlight. Flanking ground floor windows; 3 1st floor windows centred above. Flat-roofed addition (former kitchen and toilet block) set back to right; door with fanlight; window to right.
W ELEVATION: ground and 1st floor window to far right; ground floor window to far left. 1st floor window in left return. 2-storey wing to rear; set back to left; door to right; window to left. Small fixed window above door; 1st floor window to left.
N ELEVATION: ground and 1st floor window to right in advanced wing; door in left return. Section set back to left; ground and 1st floor window to left. Single storey addition to far left; small window to left; door to right.
E ELEVATION: plain gable to house.
INTERIOR: not seen, 2000.
BOUNDARY WALL: low wall; sandstone blocks with hedge; metal gate in front of entrance door. Steps and gate lead to church to W.
Predominantly 12-pane, lying-pane, timber sash and case windows. Piended slate roof; corniced apex stacks to E and W gables; polygonal cans. Central wallhead chimney to rear wing.
According to Chalmers the manse was 'rebuilt' in 1841 and the adjacent parish church was built in 1825 on the site of an earlier 1782 church.
Other nearby listed buildings