This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.0443 / 56°2'39"N
Longitude: -3.3137 / 3°18'49"W
OS Eastings: 318258
OS Northings: 684271
OS Grid: NT182842
Mapcode National: GBR 23.R5JF
Mapcode Global: WH6S5.2B9P
Entry Name: St Colme House
Listing Date: 1 June 1993
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 338266
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB6615
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay
Traditional County: Fife
Circa 1830's, probably incorporating fabric of earlier building (shown on Knox's map, 1811, see REFERENCES). Courtyard plan, open at NE, with main 2-storey block at S and L-plan 2-storey ranges extending to N (long 5-bay W range and 4-bay return N range). Random rubble with droved ashlar dressings, slated piend roofs. Largely 12-pane sash and case glazing.
MAIN S BLOCK: S elevation, 3-bay, with full-height canted window bay projecting at centre, ground floor window in splay to E altered as patio door. W elevation: 2 return bays of S main block, ground-floor bays masked by single-storey flat-roofed classical porch addition, probably of circa 1830's date at time of remodelling, with paired clasping pilasters and cornice; porch entrance reorientated to N, formerly to S: S now altered sympathetically as window, with 12-pane sash and case glazing, N entrance apparently retaining relocated orginal 6-panel door and 6-pane fanlight; single 12-pane sash and case window to W. 5 bays of W range slightly recessed to left, tall wallhead stack over end bay. N ELEVATION, N RANGE: 5 irregular bays, 3 to right symmetrical about full-height stilted semi-circular plan projecting stair bay. COURTYARD ELEVATIONS: irregular fenestration, some openings altered; SE/courtyard angle of N range chamfered at ground and corbelled to square over at 1st floor.
On Moray estates, to E of Donibristle. St Colme was occupied in 1836
by P Ainslie, Esq the Earl of Moray's Commissioner.
Icehouse to N of house not found, 1992. Summerhouse to W ruined, only a few courses surviving.
Other realted Moray estate buildings listed separately in Aberdour parish: St Colme Doocot, East entrance lodge and gates, North entrance lodge and gates (Items 59, 60 and 60A). St Colme House is linked at N by walled garden to COACH HOUSE: see item 20A.
Other nearby listed buildings