This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 57.153 / 57°9'10"N
Longitude: -2.1121 / 2°6'43"W
OS Eastings: 393313
OS Northings: 806903
OS Grid: NJ933069
Mapcode National: GBR S9G.7V
Mapcode Global: WH9QQ.JGFT
Entry Name: The Fathers House (former Rosemount Parish Church) including church hall, Rosemount Terrace, Caroline Place and Westburn Road, Aberdeen
Listing Date: 19 March 1984
Last Amended: 5 April 2018
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 354380
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB19949
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Midstocket/Rosemount
Traditional County: Aberdeenshire
Adjoining church hall at northwest designed in 1889-90 by architectural practice Jenkins and Marr. The interior of the church hall was converted for residential use in the 1990s.
The former Rosemount Parish Church is currently in use as a place of worship (2018).
The former Rosemount Parish Church is a good example of a Gothic style church built by a prominent regional architect during an intensive period of church building in Scotland in the second half of the 19th century. The church occupies a prominent island site at the junction of three roads and makes a significant contribution to the streetscape of the suburb of Rosemount.
The church was built by the Aberdeen Church Extension Association as the parish church for Rosemount and opened in 1877. Rosemount, a suburb to the north of Aberdeen city centre, developed from the 1830s with its greatest period of expansion occurring in the second half of the 19th century. The construction of the church hall was funded by the congregation of Rosemount Parish Church and completed in 1890.
William Smith was a prominent architect in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire in the second half of the 19th century. Smith was the City Architect (Superintendent of the Town s Works) for Aberdeen City between 1852 and 1891. He is best known for his work at Balmoral Castle.
Statutory address and listed building record revised in 2018. Previously listed as Rosemount Church (C. of S.), Rosemount Terrace, Caroline Place and Westburn Road.
Other nearby listed buildings