This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.5915 / 56°35'29"N
Longitude: -3.3376 / 3°20'15"W
OS Eastings: 317955
OS Northings: 745201
OS Grid: NO179452
Mapcode National: GBR V8.TNLF
Mapcode Global: WH6PF.PLW7
Plus Code: 9C8RHMR6+JX
Entry Name: 27, 28 Wellmeadow, Blairgowrie
Listing Name: 26, 27 and 28 Wellmeadow
Listing Date: 5 October 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 357865
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB22318
Building Class: Cultural
Location: Blairgowrie and Rattray
County: Perth and Kinross
Town: Blairgowrie And Rattray
Electoral Ward: Blairgowrie and Glens
Traditional County: Perthshire
Before 1860. 3-storey and attic, 5-bay astylar Renaissance office building with shops at ground, in irregular terrace. Narrow ashlar bands, rusticated quoins and ashlar dressings. Ground floor frieze and cornice, 2nd floor cill course, eaves cornice and blocking course. Keystoned, roundheaded door; architraved openings to ground and 1st floor, tabbed margins to 2nd floor.
NE (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: centre bay at ground with consoled cornice over keystoned moulded doorpiece and panelled timber door with deep 2-part semicircular fanlight, display window to each flanking bay with fielded pilaster beyond giving way to 2-leaf panelled timber door and outer console to cornice. Regular fenestration to each floor above, slightly reduced openings to 2nd floor, and 2 pedimented dormer windows toward outer bays, 2 modern rooflights.
SW (REAR) ELEVATION: window to 1st and 2nd floors of tall circular stair tower breaking eaves in bay to left of centre, regular fenestration above ground in 2 bays to right and modern rooflight above.
4-pane glazing pattern, plate glass to dormer windows, all in timber sash and case windows; 6-pane glazing pattern to fixed timber display windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with rusticated quoins and cans; ashlar-coped skews.
INTERIOR: good decorative scheme in place including shop at No 28 with 2-leaf part-glazed screen door and 2-part fanlight, and timber dog-leg staircase (probably installed 1897) with decorative cast-iron balusters leading to 1st and 2nd floor offices with decorative and moulded plasterwork cornices and ceiling roses; timber shutters; brass sash lifts; timber fire surrounds with cast-iron grates. Turnpike stair with ironwork balusters and timber handrail. Shop at No 26 with part-glazed timber door and 2-part fanlight, boarded timber walls and moulded cornice.
Nos 31, 32 and 33 (listed separately) mirror this block, which together form a flanking pair to the Bank Buildings at Nos 29 and 30 (also listed separately).
Other nearby listed buildings