This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 57.5973 / 57°35'50"N
Longitude: -4.4289 / 4°25'44"W
OS Eastings: 254934
OS Northings: 858961
OS Grid: NH549589
Mapcode National: GBR H8FN.41C
Mapcode Global: WH3DN.Y95P
Entry Name: Tulloch Street, St Clements Church (C of S Parish Church), Gatepiers and Burial Ground
Listing Date: 25 March 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 360487
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB24516
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Dingwall and Seaforth
Traditional County: Ross-shire
George Burn, Haddington, 1799-1803. Rectangular with octagonal
tower and spire; pinned coursed rubble, tooled ashlar dressings.
North elevation: 2-storey, 3-bay with projecting, pedimented
wide centre bay with pointed-headed entrance and similarly
detailed side lights, linked by continuous hoodmould. 2
pointed-headed windows above flank round-arched opening with
2 pointed-headed lights and quatrefoil in spandrel, similarly
glazed windows in outer bays to ground and gallery, former
with pointed heads, later with round. Intersecting Gothic
tracery in heads. Octagonal belfry on square base above
pediment with round-arched keystoned panels, alternately
blind and louvred, linked by cill band and string course at
springing level. Octagon crowned by tall, broached, slender
octagonal ashlar spire with blind oval oculi and terminating
with weather vane.
South elevation: 4 long pointed-headed windows with late
19th century tracery and glazing linked by continuous
hoodmould; square projecting harled Minister's porch in centre
with moulded string course and round-headed windows.
Side elevations: 3 gallery and 2 ground floor windows, some
blind, all with square heads and later 19th century tracery
and glazing. Piended slate roof.
Interior: 5-sided panelled gallery; large, later 19th century rectangular pulpit with finialled and pendanted sounding board.
Gate piers and burial ground walls; W C Joass, 1875-76. Square
ashlar gate piers with corniced copes and stepped caps with
ball finials; linking wrought-iron overthrow and lamp bracket;
pair simple cast-iron gates with spear head detailing. Rubble
walls with dressed cope. Various 17th, 18th and 19th century
tomb stones, some in burial enclosures re-using walling from
Building in ecclesiastical use as such. Built on site of
earlier church. Symbol stone in burial ground is Scheduled
Monument. Milne Bell 1754.
Other nearby listed buildings