History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Newlands South Church, 2 Langside Drive, Glasgow

A Category B Listed Building in Langside, Glasgow

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.8222 / 55°49'19"N

Longitude: -4.2782 / 4°16'41"W

OS Eastings: 257369

OS Northings: 661117

OS Grid: NS573611

Mapcode National: GBR 3R.66JK

Mapcode Global: WH3P8.8X0J

Plus Code: 9C7QRPCC+VP

Entry Name: Newlands South Church, 2 Langside Drive, Glasgow

Listing Name: 2 Langside Drive, 37 Riverside Road, Newlands South Church and Hall

Listing Date: 15 December 1970

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 378091

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33934

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Glasgow

County: Glasgow

Town: Glasgow

Electoral Ward: Langside

Traditional County: Renfrewshire

Find accommodation in
Glasgow

Description

H E Clifford, 1901-3 as UF Church; added to halls by Stark and Rountree, 1898-9 (dated 1899). Gothic. Snecked Giffnock ashlar; slate roofs.

CHURCH: occupies corner site and is a variant of a pattern used by Clifford (eg St James', Pollock), flank to street with buttressed tall transept and porch placed at opposite ends and linked by shallow side aisle; large traceried window in buttressed gable to Langside Drive.

INTERIOR: walls faced with Auchenheath stone, open hammerbeam roof; arches on low octagonal piers to side aisles.

HALL: to W has twin gabled front to Riverside Road.

Statement of Interest

Ecclesiastical building in use as such.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.