This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8222 / 55°49'19"N
Longitude: -4.2786 / 4°16'42"W
OS Eastings: 257346
OS Northings: 661116
OS Grid: NS573611
Mapcode National: GBR 3R.66GC
Mapcode Global: WH3P8.7XVJ
Plus Code: 9C7QRPCC+VH
Entry Name: Church Hall, Newlands South Church, 2 Langside Drive, Glasgow
Listing Name: 2 Langside Drive, 37 Riverside Road, Newlands South Church and Hall
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 378092
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33934
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Langside
Traditional County: Renfrewshire
H E Clifford, 1901-3 as UF Church; added to halls by Stark and Rountree, 1898-9 (dated 1899). Gothic. Snecked Giffnock ashlar; slate roofs.
CHURCH: occupies corner site and is a variant of a pattern used by Clifford (eg St James', Pollock), flank to street with buttressed tall transept and porch placed at opposite ends and linked by shallow side aisle; large traceried window in buttressed gable to Langside Drive.
INTERIOR: walls faced with Auchenheath stone, open hammerbeam roof; arches on low octagonal piers to side aisles.
HALL: to W has twin gabled front to Riverside Road.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Other nearby listed buildings