This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.7128 / 56°42'46"N
Longitude: -2.4482 / 2°26'53"W
OS Eastings: 372659
OS Northings: 757988
OS Grid: NO726579
Mapcode National: GBR VY.F5F1
Mapcode Global: WH8RK.CJFR
Plus Code: 9C8VPH72+4P
Entry Name: Traill Pavilion, Traill Drive, Montrose
Listing Name: Traill Drive, Traill Pavilion
Listing Date: 30 March 1999
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 393490
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB46254
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Montrose and District
Traditional County: Angus
1913. Single storey, square plan, beach side pavilion. Multi-windows, segmental-arched heads and moulded panels. Projecting base course, cill course, cornice above windows and at wallhead. Painted render.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: entrance front with verandah of segmental arches upon square columns. 3 bays within, pilastered doorway to centre with windows flanking, bays flanking with pilastered and mullioned bipartites. Coloured multi-pane glazing to arched heads and mouldings and panels above. "Traill Pavilion" inscribed above doorway.
N ELEVATION: 3 bays formed by 2 bipartite windows and 2 windows set beneath segmental-arched moulded panels.
S ELEVATION: 3 bays formed by 2 bipartite windows and 2 windows set beneath segmental-arched moulded panels, crenellated corner tower to left.
W ELEVATION: 10 windows set beneath 3 segmental-arched heads with multi-pane glazing, mouldings above. Crenellated corner tower to right. Windows with etched glass lower lights and multi-pane upper lights. Flat roof.
INTERIOR: timber screen to W with geometrical, decorative glazing and coloured glass. Slatted benches around walls.
This pavilion is a well preserved example of a gift to the town from ex-patriot natives of Montrose. John and David Traill, of Melbourne and West Bromwich respectively, presented over ?2,000 to provide improvements in the town and the building of a pavilion. The pavilion was opened on 8th August 1913. Traill Drive had been opened in 1912. Information from plaque within pavilion.
Other nearby listed buildings