Telephone Call-box beside Ty Capel, 1494 (W side), Tafarn-y-gelyn
A Grade II Listed Building in Llanferres, Denbighshire
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 53.1473 / 53°8'50"N
Longitude: -3.2141 / 3°12'50"W
OS Eastings: 318895
OS Northings: 361814
OS Grid: SJ188618
Mapcode National: GBR 6W.5RRX
Mapcode Global: WH77B.L5P2
Plus Code: 9C5R4QWP+W9
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box beside Ty Capel, 1494 (W side), Tafarn-y-gelyn
Listing Date: 20 July 1990
Last Amended: 16 October 1995
Source ID: 1338
Building Class: Communications
Location: Set back into a grassy verge on the edge of main road with Ty Capel immediately to N.
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Description: K6 type box to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott. This design was introduced by the GPO in 1936, this example dates from the reign of George VI.
Domed roof with 4 lunettes containing embossed crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds to sides and door with marginal bars to horizontal glazing, moulded plinth.
Reasons for Listing
Listed for its prominent location beside the trunk road through the Clwydian hills.
Other nearby listed buildings
Situated 0.5 km E of Tafarn-y-gelyn in its own grounds beside the River Alyn. Reached from a drive running E off the A494 between Tafarn-y-Gelyn and Loggerheads.
Bridge at Cascade Wood
Set in the heart of Cascade Wood south east of Tafarn-y-Gelyn and west of Maeshafn. Spanning the River Alyn and reached from a woodland footpath off a lane to the east of the river.
Situated 0.9 km W of Maeshafn close to a bridge over the River Alyn, set back off the road. Reached along a by road E off A494 towards Maeshafn; NE of Llanferres.
Reached along a by-road E off A494 towards Maeshafn; NE of Llanferres. Set back from the road, below the hill on a levelled site.
Ty'n y Fedw
In the grounds of Colomendy Hall, on the edge of woodland approx 0.5km SSW of the hall, and S of Glan Alyn. The house is set in a stone-walled enclosure, bounded by the remains of its farm-buildings
Former Stable Range at Tyn Llan Farm
Situated 0.3 km SE of the Loggerheads Inn PH, reached from a drive which runs S off the A494 beside the Three Loggerheads PH.
Former Barn at Tyn Llan Farm
Immediately to the W of the farmhouse closing the S side of the farmyard.