History in Structure

Telephone Call-box at Entrance to Car Park for Waterfall

A Grade II Listed Building in Dyserth, Denbighshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 53.3022 / 53°18'7"N

Longitude: -3.4177 / 3°25'3"W

OS Eastings: 305620

OS Northings: 379298

OS Grid: SJ056792

Mapcode National: GBR 4ZK7.WZ

Mapcode Global: WH76G.G8R9

Plus Code: 9C5R8H2J+VW

Entry Name: Telephone Call-box at Entrance to Car Park for Waterfall

Listing Date: 26 November 1991

Last Amended: 10 December 2001

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 1523

Building Class: Communications

ID on this website: 300001523

Location: Set back from the road beyond the Afon Ffyddion stream, at the entrance to the car park for the waterfall opposite Bethel Chapel.

County: Denbighshire

Community: Dyserth

Community: Dyserth

Locality: Dyserth Village

Built-Up Area: Dyserth

Traditional County: Flintshire

Tagged with: Telephone booth

Find accommodation in


A K6 type square red telephone kiosk of cast-iron construction, to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect, of London. The design was introduced by the GPO in 1936. This is an early example, pre-1952, the castings produced at Macfarlane''s Saracen Foundry, Glasgow.


Domed roof with 4 lunettes containing embossed George VI crowns over repainted red lettered opals, one missing. Raised surrounds with marginal bars to horizontal glazing. Blank rear apart from the foundry identification, moulded plinth.

Reasons for Listing

Listed for its contribution to the Conservation Area.

External Links

External links are from the relevant listing authority and, where applicable, Wikidata. Wikidata IDs may be related buildings as well as this specific building. If you want to add or update a link, you will need to do so by editing the Wikidata entry.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Coronation Hall (former Chapel)
    Set back from the main street, reached by Maes-y-llys or by a footpath to the side of Chelsea Cottage.
  • II* Tomb group in St Bridget's Churchyard
    About 10 m south-east of the chancel of Dyserth Church.
  • II* Church of St Bridget
    At the centre of the village of Dyserth, within a large churchyard. Stone churchyard wall with triangular coping; steel gates to west, north and south.
  • II The Old Manor (Dyserth Care Hotel)
    Set back from the main street on the west side, on a site bounded by the Afon Ffyddion to the south and Glan Ffyddion cul-de-sac to the north; reached by a small private drive.
  • II Limekiln 2 off Upper Foel Road
    Second limekiln from the north in a group of five surviving at the east side of Upper Foel road (200 m north of Sunningdale).
  • II* Dyserth Hall
    At the corner of Ffordd Talargoch and Dyserth Road. Stone-walled forecourt with iron gate and rails; stone-walled drive from road. Garden to S and W, farmyard (now converted to domestic units) to N.
  • II Limekiln 4 off Upper Foel Road
    Fourth limekiln from the north in a group of five surviving at the east side of the Upper Foel road (100 m north of Sunningdale).
  • II Roadside Well opposite Dyserth Hall
    At side of road, just south of turning to Dyserth Hall Mews

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.