This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9558 / 51°57'20"N
Longitude: -3.7877 / 3°47'15"W
OS Eastings: 277248
OS Northings: 230097
OS Grid: SN772300
Mapcode National: GBR Y4.LYZQ
Mapcode Global: VH5F9.93FJ
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box (01550 720559)
Listing Date: 22 June 1990
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 11149
Building Class: Communications
Location: Situated in village, to S of parish church, across road from churchyard wall, and N of Church House.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Telephone kiosk of K6 type designed for the General Post Office in 1936 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. This one made before 1953 as has George VI crown.
Telephone kiosk, red-painted cast-iron with wooden-framed door. Square plan with two glazed sides and matching iron glazing set into door. Glazing is divided by horizontal bars with vertical bars dividing marginal panes. Raised plinth, raised border to glazing. Top stage with rectangular translucent lettered panels under shallow Soaneian square dome with George VI crown in each lunette.
Included for setting in a well-preserved village centre.
Other nearby listed buildings