This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7986 / 51°47'55"N
Longitude: -4.9743 / 4°58'27"W
OS Eastings: 195011
OS Northings: 215293
OS Grid: SM950152
Mapcode National: GBR CK.XYMY
Mapcode Global: VH1RL.Q2N0
Plus Code: 9C3QQ2XG+C7
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Church of Saint David and Saint Patrick
Listing Date: 1 July 1974
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 12069
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated towards upper end of street, set back between Nos 63 and 67.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Roman Catholic church of 1871-2 by Richard Williams of Carmarthen. Interior altered 1905. The church replaced a cottage on the site used by the church. John Davies of Haverfordwest was the builder and it cost £700. The altar and candlesticks and possibly the Stations of the Cross were given by Lady Herbert of Llanarth Court, Mon. In 1905 the roof was matchboarded, and a new tabernacle was added.
Roman Catholic church of stone rubble with Bath stone dressings and slate roofs. Gable end and gabled porch facing street, with moulded bargeboards, Bath stone bellcote with single pointed opening and cross-gabled top. Bath stone quoins and flush main window with pointed head, 3 lancet lights and 3 roundels over. Stone voussoirs. Porch has chamfered pointed doorway, double boarded doors with ornate hinges, and blind trefoiled roundel in apex. Small single window to each side wall. Right side wall has lancet windows, left side obscured. Nave end gable has bargeboards and cross finial, and short lower chancel is similar.
Nave and small sanctuary with triple-shafted arch. Rear gallery.
Included for its special interest as a small Gothic Revival Roman Catholic church.
Other nearby listed buildings