This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.017 / 52°1'1"N
Longitude: -4.7695 / 4°46'10"W
OS Eastings: 210050
OS Northings: 239017
OS Grid: SN100390
Mapcode National: GBR CV.H1M5
Mapcode Global: VH2N0.8KWM
Plus Code: 9C4Q268J+Q5
Entry Name: Cana Chapel/Capel Cana including forecourt walls, railings and gates
Listing Date: 27 October 1992
Last Amended: 27 October 1992
Source ID: 12764
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated by roadside in village centre, set back behind railed forecourt.
Community: Nevern (Nanhyfer)
Locality: Felindre Farchog
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
1856-7 Independent Chapel in squared rubble stone with slate roof and bracketted eaves to sides. End facade to road, probably originally with bracketted gable or open pediment (since cut back) two long arched windows with 50-pane sashes and intersecting glazing bars at heads; centre plaque 'Cana. Indpendents. Built 1857. Rev E.Lewis Minister.' over arched doorway. Arches are all of painted cut stone, windows have slate sills and doorway has matching intersecting bars to fanlight and double panelled doors. Two-storey two-window sides with 16-pane sashes and stone voussoirs. Two long end windows.
Forecourt wall to road has four rubble stone piers with concave pyramid coping and ball finials. Centre iron gates, low outer slate-coped walls with matching iron railings.
Three-sided gallery on marbled timber columns, panelled gallery front and plain box pews. Panelled pulpit.
Chapel is stylistically similar to Penuel Cemaes Baptist 1860 and Glanrhyd Chapel, Llantood 1870.
Other nearby listed buildings