This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.7513 / 51°45'4"N
Longitude: -5.1947 / 5°11'40"W
OS Eastings: 179588
OS Northings: 210673
OS Grid: SM795106
Mapcode National: GBR G2.FZMQ
Mapcode Global: VH0V6.X74T
Plus Code: 9C3PQR24+G4
Entry Name: Entrance range to stable yard at St Brides Castle
Listing Date: 29 October 1979
Last Amended: 23 February 1998
Source ID: 13016
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on S side of service yard at St Brides Castle opposite entrance arch.
Community: Marloes and St. Brides (Marloes a Sain Ffrêd)
Community: Marloes and St. Brides
Locality: St Brides
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Earlier C19 forebuilding to stable court, in similar Tudor style to 1833 mansion but not marked on 1839 Tithe Map.
Entrance range to stable court. Rubble stone probably originally roughcast, with slate roofs and red brick end stacks. Tall, 2-storey with advanced 3-storey narrow gabled centrepiece with 1906 copper ridge cupola. Five bays, the centre with chamfered brick-arched Tudor entry. Band above and upper floors in large rectangular panel with brick-framed first floor casement pair and brick-framed roundel in square recess above, sill band below roundel. Gable above is plain. Wings have similar band carried across wall piers. Sunk long panels to ground floor, 3 with inserted late C20 casement pairs low down. First floor has similar square sunk panels, outer two with casement pair windows. All panels are chamfered. Rear is mostly roughcast except ground floor centre and left. Centre similar Tudor arch to throughway, and Tudor arch to coach-house left, not chamfered. Band across and first floor wall-piers between 4-pane sashes in chamfered surrounds. Centre has similar big sunk panel with 4-pane sash each floor and sill band under upper window, plain gable. The cupola has battered base, open horseshoe-arched sides and domed roof with vane.The single-storey stable court beyond is listed separately for the E outer wall which groups with the main house.
A large earlier C19 courtyard range of group value with St Brides' castle.
Other nearby listed buildings