This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6191 / 51°37'8"N
Longitude: -3.9607 / 3°57'38"W
OS Eastings: 264354
OS Northings: 192967
OS Grid: SS643929
Mapcode National: GBR WP9.KM
Mapcode Global: VH4K9.9KHM
Plus Code: 9C3RJ29Q+MP
Entry Name: St James Church Hall
Listing Date: 25 July 1994
Last Amended: 25 July 1994
Source ID: 14638
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: In churchyard formed by St James Crescent and Walter Road, to N of church. Aligned E-W, parallel to church.
Built-Up Area: Swansea
Traditional County: Glamorgan
1904. Built in memory of Rev Edward B Squire, vicar of Swansea 1846-1876; foundation stone laid 18 October 1904.
Brown snecked stone, bathstone banding and dressings, slate roof. S elevation of 7 windows, articulated by buttresses; two 1-light windows to W, plus five 2-light windows. E end has gabled porch with diagonal buttresses, 3-centred doorway, timbered in gable apex; to each side of porch, window with square head and cusped tracery; above porch, 4-light window in same style. To N, windows as S, porch similar to E porch, 2 small attached gabled wings. Two windows to W end.
Main hall with open wooden roof; smaller hall and service rooms to W.
Included for group value with St James’ Church.
Other nearby listed buildings