History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trinity House Office

A Grade II Listed Building in Holyhead, Isle of Anglesey

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.318 / 53°19'4"N

Longitude: -4.6418 / 4°38'30"W

OS Eastings: 224122

OS Northings: 383369

OS Grid: SH241833

Mapcode National: GBR GMXX.VYC

Mapcode Global: WH314.NVTR

Entry Name: Trinity House Office

Listing Date: 25 July 1994

Last Amended: 25 July 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 14730

Building Class: Commercial

Location: Below Beach Road near sailing club; in walled enclosure.

County: Isle of Anglesey

Community: Holyhead (Caergybi)

Community: Holyhead

Built-Up Area: Holyhead

Traditional County: Anglesey

Find accommodation in
Holyhead

History

Part of depot built by Trinity House circa 1870 for maintenance of coastal lights.

Exterior

Rendered walls (shallow plinth), pyramidal slate roof, 2 large chimneys. Two storey, 3 windows to front and rear (narrower central windows), 2 windows to sides. Windows mainly hornless sashes with 8 panes. Front (to NW) has gabled porch with side (L) entrance doorway, and small window to front. To NE, small yard links to outbuilding with monopitch roof.

Reasons for Listing

Listed for special interest within a scarce group of nautical workshops.

Group value with adjacent listed buildings in enclosure.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.