History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2 Albert Terrace

A Grade II Listed Building in Glasbury, Powys

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0674 / 52°4'2"N

Longitude: -3.1805 / 3°10'49"W

OS Eastings: 319173

OS Northings: 241665

OS Grid: SO191416

Mapcode National: GBR YY.CZPD

Mapcode Global: VH6BH.T9FF

Entry Name: 2 Albert Terrace

Listing Date: 18 January 1996

Last Amended: 18 January 1996

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 17210

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Located at the centre of Llowes, the terrace is set end-on to the road to Painscastle.

County: Powys

Community: Glasbury (Y Clas-ar-wy)

Community: Glasbury

Locality: Llowes

Traditional County: Radnorshire

Find accommodation in
Llanigon

Exterior

Terrace of three cottages, built c.1840 and present on the 1843 tithe map. Colourwashed stone with slated roofs, each cottage is of 2 bays with panelled door and margin glazed overlight. Twelve paned sash to ground floor; 9-panes sash to first floor, but in No.3 the ground floor window has been replaced by a C20 window. Three stone stacks, heightened in brickwork. Continuous lean-to at rear, heightened in brickwork when roof reduced in pitch.

Reasons for Listing

Included as an example of C19 workers' housing, and of group value at the centre of the village of Llowes

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II 1 Albert Terrace
    Located at the centre of Llowes, the terrace is set end-on to the road to Painscastle.
  • II 3 Albert Terrace
    Located at the centre of Llowes, the terrace is set end-on to the road to Painscastle.
  • II Barn Cottage
    Located in Llowes village, above Albert Cottages and opposite the turn to Llowes mill, set parallel to the road.
  • II Old Vicarage
    The Old Vicarage is located in the village, 200m SW of the parish church, set in its own gardens, and facing the road to Moity and Gogia, and 150m from the main A.438 Brecon to Hereford road.
  • II Vicarage House
    Located on rising ground facing S, with a driveway leading down to the junction of the Moity Road with the realigned A.438.
  • II Former Mill
    In the centre of Llowes village adjacent to a minor road leading through the village to the north.
  • II Church of St Meilig
    The church is set in an oval churchyard at the centre of the small village, standing back from the A.438 Brecon to Hereford road.
  • II The Radnor Arms PH
    Located on the S side of the A.438 Hereford to Brecon road, which now separates the building from the village of Llowes.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.