A Grade II Listed Building in Caersws, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.5547 / 52°33'17"N
Longitude: -3.5309 / 3°31'51"W
OS Eastings: 296305
OS Northings: 296311
OS Grid: SN963963
Mapcode National: GBR 9H.D3BP
Mapcode Global: VH5BJ.R17W
Plus Code: 9C4RHF39+VM
Entry Name: Ynyth
Listing Date: 12 November 1996
Last Amended: 12 November 1996
Source ID: 17577
Building Class: Domestic
Location: On the W side of an unclassified road between Carno and the Cerniog valley, approximately 50m south of Pont Frankwell. The Cerniog brook is to the rear of the houses.
Built-Up Area: Carno
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Early C19 and shown on Carno Tithe map, 1849. Gabled Projection and a lean-to added 1904.
Not accessible at the time of inspection (April-May 1996). Said to be single-unit houses with a stair to undivided upper chamber.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a pair of early C19 cottages retaining much of their early character.
Other nearby listed buildings
On the W side of an unclassified road between Carno and the Cerniog valley, approximately 50m south of Pont Frankwell. The Cerniog brook is to the rear of the houses.
Situated opposite Carno church. The stone is set into the boundary wall of Llys-ywen.
Situated approximately 400m NW of the church. The house faces S on to a driveway and yard.
Situated on a minor road between Carno and Maesypandy, approximately 0.75km E of Carno church. The house is built on a sloping site, and faces a yard to the N flanked by C19 farm buildings, beyond wh
Situated at W end of Carno village, opposite road to Llanllugan and Laura Ashley factory. Set back from the road and bounded by a wall on N, E and W sides.
Situated at the end of a private road on the S side of the A470, with gardens to front and rear. On the E side is a former stable block.
Situated 150m east of turning to Ty Coch, and 1.5km E of Carno church.
On the N side of a short farm road to Sarn farm, on the S side of the A470, 1.5km NW of Carno church.