This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2551 / 53°15'18"N
Longitude: -3.8464 / 3°50'46"W
OS Eastings: 276920
OS Northings: 374711
OS Grid: SH769747
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZLS.2V
Mapcode Global: WH545.WFKX
Entry Name: Independent Chapel including walled graveyard attached to E
Listing Date: 28 December 1995
Last Amended: 28 December 1995
Source ID: 17708
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Located prominently on the main street line within the village.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Exterior: Methodist chapel built 1822 and restored 1866. Single-storey rectangular hall; of rendered rubble with hipped slate roof and symmetrical sides. W facade with plain central entrance with simple stucco surround and recessed doors. Flanking C19 12-pane sash windows with stucco surrounds and bracketed cills. Stucco-framed slate plaque above entrance bearing inscribed foundation and restoration dates. 3 smaller-pane windows to the longer N and S sides with top-hung lights.
Adjoining to the W a small walled enclosure forms the graveyard; rubble walls with random quartz coping. C19 slate gravestones including one with iron railings.
Included for group value with the adjacent Henryd Farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings