Milestone on A475 to W of Llanwnnen
A Grade II Listed Building in Lampeter, Ceredigion
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.1004 / 52°6'1"N
Longitude: -4.1549 / 4°9'17"W
OS Eastings: 252498
OS Northings: 246860
OS Grid: SN524468
Mapcode National: GBR DN.9XQ7
Mapcode Global: VH3KD.XGVQ
Plus Code: 9C4Q4R2W+43
Entry Name: Milestone on A475 to W of Llanwnnen
Listing Date: 20 December 1996
Last Amended: 20 December 1996
Source ID: 18078
Building Class: Transport
Location: Situated on the S side of the A475, approximately 900m W of Llanwnnen cross-roads.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Early C19 milestone on the Cardigan to Lampeter turnpike road.
Freestanding white-painted milestone approximately 60cm high by 40cm wide by 20cm deep. Inscription reads
Reasons for Listing
Included for its historic interest as a survival of early road transport history of the region.
Other nearby listed buildings
Outbuilding in W angle of Farmyard at Castell-du
Situated at upper W corner, to left of barn and cart-shed range, and attached to and at right angles to long S range.
Range of Outbuildings on S side of farmyard at Castell-du
Situated along S side of farmyard, linked at upper end to end building of NW side, listed separately.
Barn and Cart-Shed range at Castell-du
Situated across upper NW end of farm-yard at Castell-du, facing SE.
Coach-house and stables at Castell-du
Situated some 40m to rear of Castell-du, facing SE.
Outbuilding to SW of Castell-du
Situated facing SW side of rear wing of house and backing onto lower end of farmyard at Castell-du.
Situated some 400m SW of Llanwnnen, between the A475 and the B4337, with entrance drives from both these roads.
Telephone Box outside Post Office
at Llanwnnen (01570 480308)
Situated at the crossroads in the centre of the village; set in the slope, on the pavement immediately in front of the S side of the Post Office.
,2,Sycamore Terrace,Llanwnnen,Lampeter,,SA48 7LA
Situated set back from W side of B4337 just N of cross-roads in Llanwnnen village.