This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0446 / 53°2'40"N
Longitude: -3.0761 / 3°4'33"W
OS Eastings: 327954
OS Northings: 350242
OS Grid: SJ279502
Mapcode National: GBR 72.D98X
Mapcode Global: WH77S.QQDT
Plus Code: 9C5R2WVF+RH
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 22 April 1998
Last Amended: 22 April 1998
Source ID: 19725
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated some 100m S from Wern Farm on the B5426 from Minera S to Aber-oer.
Community: Minera (Mwynglawdd)
Locality: The Wern
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Late C19 mission church built for the district of Esclusham Above (New Brighton) in 1892, presumably to a standardised prefabricated design with corrugated-iron cladding to timber-frame.
Church, corrugated iron cladding to timber frame. Roof cladding renewed in box-profile metal sheet. Four-window church with pointed Y-tracery timber windows, W spirelet and W porch. W spirelet has base splayed over the ridge, squat louvred stage for single bell and sheet-metal clad 4-sided spire splayed out at base. Porch is gabled with original crested ridge and has ledged door. W wall of church has pointed window each side of porch. E end has pointed window set high. At SE corner is attached a small vestry in matching materials with one pointed window and one pointed ledged door on S.
Included as a particularly unaltered example of the corrugated-iron mission churches built in relatively large numbers in the period 1890-1914 but now becoming rare.
Other nearby listed buildings