This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9408 / 51°56'27"N
Longitude: -3.2593 / 3°15'33"W
OS Eastings: 313530
OS Northings: 227676
OS Grid: SO135276
Mapcode National: GBR YV.MXWS
Mapcode Global: VH6C1.GH90
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 August 1998
Last Amended: 21 August 1998
Source ID: 20306
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In Llangors village E of the churchyard and reached by a lane passing the Old Mill.
Community: Llangors (Llan-gors)
Built-Up Area: Llangors
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Former vicarage. Probably early C18, deeds recorded from 1729, remodelled early C19. Some alterations and rear extensions 1970.
Of stone pebble-dashed, with machine tile roof to main house, stone tiles to recessed lower service wing right; rendered end stacks. Main frontage is symmetrical with 3 window range of 6/6 pane sashes to first floor; similar to ground floor with central doorway with renewed panelled front door and hood; further 8/8 pane sash window to side; single window range of 3/3 pane casements to service wing.
Interior retains original plan with central staircase with turned balusters; central cross beams to main rooms; panelled doors, shutters, moulded surrounds; bracketed surround to fireplace in room to left, open fireplace to room right remodelled. Three A-frame roof trusses.
Included as an C18 house retaining much of its historic fabric.
Group value with the adjacent church and churchyard monuments.
Other nearby listed buildings