This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9028 / 52°54'10"N
Longitude: -4.3866 / 4°23'11"W
OS Eastings: 239577
OS Northings: 336596
OS Grid: SH395365
Mapcode National: GBR 5C.P2XC
Mapcode Global: WH44J.L9BH
Entry Name: Capel Ebenezer
Listing Date: 8 February 1999
Last Amended: 8 February 1999
Source ID: 21356
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: The chapel stands at the top of the hill on the W side, on the corner of the road to the A499, leading N from Pwllheli.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
The chapel was built in 1868 for the Independent Community of the village and area.
Built of rubble stone, the front and SW side pebbledashed around the raised quoins and dressings. Slate roof. Gable entry facade, with round-headed doors either side of the central pair of windows. A pair of panelled doors to each opening with overlight, the keyed architrave extending as pilasters to ground level. The windows are also round-headed with keyed architraves. Margin-glazed sashes. Above, in the gable, a smaller keyed oculus, above which is the datestone. The side elevations have 4 similar round-headed windows, without dressings, the heads turned in brick.
The chapel has a forecourt surrounded by a stone wall, lowered and furnished with railings either side of a central gate hung on stone piers.
Simple interior, with side lobbies over the entrances, forming sides to the set fawr. Plastered walls and coved ceiling with a simple cornice and a large central rose. An arch is placed behind the raised pulpit. Three banks of seats, the side banks angled towards the pulpit.
Included as a typical country chapel, of group value with the adjoining house and listed items related to the parish church opposite.
Other nearby listed buildings