This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8885 / 51°53'18"N
Longitude: -4.067 / 4°4'1"W
OS Eastings: 257847
OS Northings: 223126
OS Grid: SN578231
Mapcode National: GBR DS.R7VC
Mapcode Global: VH4HW.GS9M
Entry Name: Multi-purpose agricultural range at Llethr Cadfan Farm
Listing Date: 30 January 2003
Last Amended: 30 January 2003
Source ID: 80851
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: On the SE side of the farmhouse, facing the farmyard to the N.
Locality: Broad Oak
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Built in the early C19 and shown on the 1839 Tithe map and on the 1887 Ordnance Survey. Llethr Cadfan is a large house of C16 origin and became a tenant farm of the Edwinsford Estate as early as 1630.
A multi-purpose farm building on a sloping site, with rubble-stone walls with dressed quoins, and slate roof. Facing the yard on the N side, the central barn doorway has a brick segmental head and boarded double doors, and is flanked by ventilation strips. Further R is a shallow stone segmental-headed cart shed doorway, also with double boarded doors. On the L, downhill, side is a split boarded door to the stable, with window to its L, both under stone segmental heads. Upper R of the doorway is a loft opening beneath the eaves. The L gable end has external stone steps to a boarded loft door under a segmental head. The steps have small recesses below them. In the R gable end are similar stone steps to the granary doorway, with segmental head and boarded door, and a recess for a kennel below the steps. In the rear elevation is a central barn doorway similar to the front, with corrugated iron lean-to canopy on wooden brackets, and flanked by ventilation strips. Line shafting, for a threshing machine, projects through the wall on the R side of the doorway.
The barn has sawn collar-beam trusses.
Listed as a well-preserved C19 farm building retaining original character, and for group value with the farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings