This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2442 / 53°14'38"N
Longitude: -4.1514 / 4°9'5"W
OS Eastings: 256535
OS Northings: 374064
OS Grid: SH565740
Mapcode National: GBR JN33.YZV
Mapcode Global: WH541.6QDB
Entry Name: Llandegfan Parish Hall
Listing Date: 28 May 2003
Last Amended: 28 May 2003
Source ID: 81137
Building Class: Recreational
Location: Set back from the W side of Bro Llewellyn at the N end of the village of Llandegfan.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Community: Cwm Cadnant
Community: Cwm Cadnant
Built-Up Area: Menai Bridge
Traditional County: Anglesey
Early C20 parish hall, dated by stone above doorway which bears the date 1904. Built on land recorded as part of Pen y Cefn Nursery in the Tithe Apportionment of the parish, 1845. Extended by the addition of a gabled wing to rear in 1922.
Lofted parish hall in Arts and Crafts style. Rendered elevations with plinth course. Slate roof with advanced eaves and verges; rendered stacks topped by brick. Windows are small-paned sash or casements of up to 7 lights; slate sills and broad timber lintels. The original part is an asymmetrically planned range, built to an H-shaped plan, entrance in a gabled porch with raking walls and exposed timbers in gable apex; single window to L. The RH cross wing has a central advanced stack with flanking paired ground floor lights and single 1st floor windows. The smaller cross wing to L has a wide ground floor window of 5 lights, the 1st floor window comprises 4 x 8-paned sash windows spaced by timber mullions.
The lateral wall of the RH cross wing is of 3 bays, the central bay gabled with doorway to L and 1st floor window of 4 lights in gable apex, slate plaque over reads: NEUADD PLWYF / PARISH HALL. Flanking bays have 3-light windows. The rear gable wall has a wide window of 7 lights.
The LH cross wing has a lean-to porch along the lateral wall, doorway to L with paired 8-pane sash windows in gable dormer over; casement window to R. Ther is a single storey gabled addition at the rear gable, with blocked window in the lateral wall.
To the rear of the main part is a parallel gabled block, the L gable has 15 paned lights to either side; small gable stack at apex. The opposite gable has a wide window of 3 lights, a slate plaque in the gable apex above bears the date 1922.
The interior was not inspected at the time of the survey.
Listed as a good parish hall, a fine essay in the Arts and Crafts style strong on the island in the early C20.
Other nearby listed buildings