This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.708 / 51°42'28"N
Longitude: -4.9269 / 4°55'36"W
OS Eastings: 197873
OS Northings: 205089
OS Grid: SM978050
Mapcode National: GBR G8.BJCJ
Mapcode Global: VH1S0.KB6G
Entry Name: Timber jetty, wall and gatepiers to Trinity House
Listing Date: 19 May 2004
Last Amended: 19 May 2004
Source ID: 82711
Building Class: Maritime
Location: At Trinity Wharf some 500m E of the Cledddau Bridge on the N side of Milford Haven.
Town: Milford Haven
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Landing pier and walled enclosure of the former Trinity House maintenance depot built 1860-61 at cost of £10,000. The depot was the supply point for lighthouses from the Bristol Channel to the Irish Sea. The contractors were Douglas & Co.
Wooden jetty or pier connected to a walled large enclosure around Trinity House. Enclosure walls are of finely dressed tooled grey limestone with slight slope or batter and heavy tooled stone copings. Walls surround a sloping enclosure that included storehouse and workmen's housing. Two large stone gatepiers on E side in grey ashlar with plinths and corniced caps. Late C20 broad gates. Rounded NE corner, walls ramped up at NW and SW corners.
Pier extending out from walls has cross-braced supports and runs out to pier-head at right angles, T-plan overall. Under part of neck and part of pier head are boarded storerooms with casement pair windows. The pierhead main supports are carried up to finish as octagonal posts above deck level. Steps down to water under pierhead.
Included as a very rare surviving C19 timber pier grouping with the finely built walls to lighthouse supply depot.
Other nearby listed buildings