This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0205 / 52°1'13"N
Longitude: -1.3731 / 1°22'23"W
OS Eastings: 443113
OS Northings: 235966
OS Grid: SP431359
Mapcode National: GBR 7TC.7PD
Mapcode Global: VHCWF.4GYZ
Entry Name: Elephant and Castle Public House
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046213
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244163
Location: Bloxham, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Bloxham
Built-Up Area: Bloxham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bloxham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BLOXHAM CHAPEL STREET
SP4235 (North side)
9/60 Elephant and Castle
08/12/55 Public House
Public House. Probably C17 with later alterations. Regular coursed ironstone
rubble. Steeply pitched Welsh slate roof. 3 brick stacks to ends and ridge.
ironstone quoins. L-plan. Elevation to Chapel Street: 2 storeys plus attic.
3-window range. Carriageway, to right has eliptical stone head. Doorway,
probably remodelled, to left has fragmentary remains of hood mould. To left a
3-light stone mullioned window with hood mould and label stops. C20 aluminium
framed windows with C20 lintels elsewhere apart from 2 small stone-framed
windows to gable front to left. Elevation to Rasebank a Canted bay window to
left, 2-light metal casements with wood lintels, C20 aluminium windows. 3-light
stone mullioned window painted white to attic has hood mould and label stops.
Some wrought iron casement fasteners and springs. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP4311335966
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings