This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.96 / 52°57'35"N
Longitude: -1.1501 / 1°9'0"W
OS Eastings: 457186
OS Northings: 340627
OS Grid: SK571406
Mapcode National: GBR LPM.32
Mapcode Global: WHDGS.9VKP
Entry Name: Lace Factory
Listing Date: 26 September 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 457883
Location: Nottingham, NG1
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: St Ann's
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5740NW MANSFIELD ROAD
646-1/11/370 (West side)
26/09/89 Nos.63, 65 AND 67
Lace factory and warehouse. c1825, raised mid C19, front range
c1890. Red brick, with rendered plinth and slate roofs.
Original factory, to west, 5 storeys; 8 window range. The left
2 bays are obscured by an addition with four 4-light
casements. To its right, two 3-light casements. Above, two
floors with 2 glazing bar sashes to left, and to their right,
six 4-light casements. Above again, a single sash and seven
4-light casements. Top floor, mid C19, has practically
continuous windows. To north, lower wings with glazing bar
sashes. These windows are largely renewed. The east front, now
covered by the late C19 street front, has similar
Street front, 4 storeys, 9 window range, has elaborate moulded
terracotta ornament. Ground floor has an off-centre
segment-headed cart entrance flanked by double doorways, then
to left a single shopfront. 2 similar shopfronts to right.
Above, 3 floors with 9 plain sashes in moulded brick
surrounds. INTERIOR has cast-iron columns.
This is the earliest surviving lace factory in Nottingham.
Listing NGR: SK5718640627
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings