This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4548 / 53°27'17"N
Longitude: -0.5134 / 0°30'48"W
OS Eastings: 498808
OS Northings: 396361
OS Grid: SK988963
Mapcode National: GBR SXVH.M9
Mapcode Global: WHGH1.2FSC
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 22 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064155
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196804
Location: Waddingham, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN21
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Waddingham
Built-Up Area: Waddingham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Waddingham (or Wadingham) St Mary and St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 99 NE WADDINGHAM CHURCH ROAD
1/48 The Old Rectory
Former rectory, now house. 1860 by James Fowler. Rock faced
limestone with ashlar dressings, slate roof with 2 stone wall
stacks and a single ridge stack. L-plan. 3 bay 2 storey front
with plinth, each bay has gables with stepped courses up the
verges. A central 3 light cross mullioned window with chamfered
surround has a pent roof over with fish scale slates, supported
by curved timber brackets. To either side the slightly
projecting wings each contain canted bay windows with hipped fish
scale slate roofs. The windows are plain sashes with the upper
parts containing decorative stone tracery in the form of debased
geometric arches with trefoil heads. To 1st floor a central 2
light cross mullioned window is flanked by single 3 light similar
windows. All windows apart from the bay windows have relieving
arches with herringbone panels beneath. To the left hand side
elevation is an off centre double planked door with pointed head,
set in a stilted Gothic doorway with moulded reveals and head.
The hood mould has floriate label stops and rise to a finial.
Above the doorway is a panel with cusped and floriated surround
containing a stone scroll inscribed with "Nunc huic nunc illi".
To the right is a chimney breast into which is set a shield
shaped plaque with the date of 1860 beneath a ducal coronet.
Above, this and the other chimney on this front have raised
vertical and horizontal stone bands. Interior; a geometric
stair has carved splat balusters and newels with turned bases.
The internal porch doors are in the Gothic style and there are 2
contemporary plain marble fireplaces.
Listing NGR: SK9880896361
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings