This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2421 / 52°14'31"N
Longitude: 0.7172 / 0°43'1"E
OS Eastings: 585614
OS Northings: 263911
OS Grid: TL856639
Mapcode National: GBR QF0.G4H
Mapcode Global: VHKD4.DX03
Entry Name: Number 9 and Attached Mounting Block
Listing Date: 7 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076939
English Heritage Legacy ID: 466772
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, IP33
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Bury St Edmunds
Built-Up Area: Bury St Edmunds
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Bury St Edmunds St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
BURY ST EDMUNDS
TL8563NE CROWN STREET
639-1/11/300 (East side)
and attached mounting block
House. Early C19 with an older core. Timber-framed; encased in
white brick; fully-hipped slate roof with a wooden modillion
eaves cornice. Rendered wing at rear.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and cellar; on a corner site. 3 window
range: 16-pane sashes in flush cased frames with flat gauged
arches to the 1st storey; sashes with a single vertical
glazing-bar in similar surrounds to the ground storey. A wide
central semicircular brick doorway has a recessed wooden
doorcase with plain pilasters and a fanlight with radiating
glazing bars. Door with 6 raised fielded panels.
An unusual stone recess for a footscraper on each side of the
doorway. The side front, facing Honey Hill, has a single sash
window to each storey in the same style as the front, and the
slightly lower rear wing has four 16-pane sash windows to each
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Attached to the wall at the east end of the rear wing is a
worn stepped stone mounting block.
Listing NGR: TL8561463911
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings