This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2403 / 52°14'25"N
Longitude: -2.0216 / 2°1'17"W
OS Eastings: 398618
OS Northings: 260233
OS Grid: SO986602
Mapcode National: GBR 2H4.KPL
Mapcode Global: VH9ZZ.XY3G
Entry Name: Church of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 28 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081660
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148446
Location: Stock and Bradley, Wychavon, Worcestershire, B96
Civil Parish: Stock and Bradley
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Stock and Bradley, St John Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 96 SE STOCK & BRADLEY CP BRADLEY GREEN
1/172 Church of St John the
Parish church. 1864-1865 by W J Hopkins. Sandstone, machine tile roof.
Chancel, nave, tower in north-east angle between chancel and nave. Tower:
three stages with stone broach spire, two ogee-headed windows to belfry
stage, first stage has a single ogee-headed window to each side. Chancel:
two bays, a trefoil headed window to east bay; east window: three trefoiled
lights under 2-centred head with label. Nave: three bays with a pair of
trefoiled windows to two east bays; west bay filled by gabled north porch;
west window: rose window under 2-centred head with label and engaged shafts
to responds. Interior: chancel arch: 2-centred of two orders, the inner
order is chamfered and dies into the responds; tower arch: segmental pointed
of two orders. Roofs: chancel: two bays, trusses arch braced; nave: scissor
braced common rafter/collar roof with ashlar pieces. Fittings: plain pews,
low stone pulpit to south-west corner of chancel; fragments of two medieval
tomb slabs set in floor of porch. The church stands on the site of a medieval
chapel. The chapelry of Bradley, a part of Fladbury, was made a parish in
1862. (VCH 3, pp 362-363; BoE p 95).
Listing NGR: SO9861860233
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings