This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.275 / 51°16'29"N
Longitude: 0.5257 / 0°31'32"E
OS Eastings: 576267
OS Northings: 155898
OS Grid: TQ762558
Mapcode National: GBR PR7.1PY
Mapcode Global: VHJMF.268Y
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 30 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086302
English Heritage Legacy ID: 173420
Location: Maidstone, Kent, ME14
Electoral Ward/Division: High Street
Built-Up Area: Maidstone
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of Holy Trinity
TQ 7655 NW 2/117 3O.7,5l.
1826-1828. Architect John Whichcord. Built of ragstone ashlar. The west
front has 6 Tuscan pilasters, the 4 centre ones projecting, with cornice, parapet
and pediment over. Square tower above flanked by thin pilasters with round-headed
opening between and spire over. 7 bay nave with round-headed windows on 1st
floor and cambered windows on the ground floor. Heavy moulded stone cornice.
Plinth. No longer in ecclesiastical use.
The Church of Holy Trinity and Nos 1 to 9 (consec) form a group with Nos 21 to 29
(consec) Church Street.
Listing NGR: TQ7626455896
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings